Thursday, October 13, 2005

Actions speak louder than bumperstickers

I like to have reading material available while I'm driving. I'm talking about those 2 1/2" x 11" pieces of plastic (and others in varying sizes) that some folks use to boldly declare their convictions, loyalities, or peevishness. BUT...

Bumperstickers are only as true as the cars to which they are affixed.

Case in point: "Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." (Chief Seattle) This was on the bumper of a midsize Toyota SUV. Plus a "Save Tibet" sticker.

Then I saw a "Bush/Cheney '04" sticker (hello, the election was over a year ago) on a Volvo stationwagon. Go figure.

My all-time favorite: "Frisbeeterians: When you die, your soul lands on the roof of the garage and stays there."

Close second: "Somewhere in Texas there's a village missing an idiot."

But I have seen these two only in catalogs. I have yet to see a vehicle with the cahones to display them.

But then, what kind of car would be able to carry them off as true? Hmm...

Comment with your suggestions and/or favorite bumperstickers of your own.

Great place to find stickers, buttons, T-shirts for those progressives who piss everyone off:
Northern Sun

3 comments:

Andy said...

One of my all time favorite bumper stickers: "Jesus is Coming. Look Busy."

Cynthia said...

Yeah, I have that one hanging on my refrigerator.

Andy said...

My 2nd favorite is "Jesus Loves You. Everyone Else Thinks You're an Asshole."