Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Be careful what you pray for...

The minute you take your sticky fingers off the controls....(see New Year's Day entry)

I got a job.

I'm filling in for a pastor for three months while she goes on sabbatical.

And in March I'm leading the women's retreat at my own church.

And I'm working with another pastor to organize a regional Lenten service of prayer and healing for a Sunday afternoon in April.

And I'll get to preach my very first Easter sermon.

So, because my time for writing will be signifigantly occupied with writing sermons, I'll be posting my weekly sermons here. The first one is from this past Sunday at another church for whom I was guest preaching. My regular gig begins next Sunday.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Congratulations my friend for being able to follow a vocation that you love and that you are immensely qualified to be a part of.

Cynthia said...

Thanks, buddy.