Monday, April 03, 2006

WHO is THAT???

Taking a cue from my friend Andy I have started a new game with mystery guys instead of women.

(If you're looking for this past Sunday's sermon, scroll to the blog entry below this one.)

WHO is THAT???

He was a hunk in my generation, seen in teen magazines (and maybe on my bedroom wall), a heartthrob through and through.

We haven't seen much of him lately. He's the creator/writer/producer (Cold Case, American Gothic, Cover Me) of a new series, a suspenseful tale...blah, blah, blah, I don't want to give it away.

Those of you media hounds will probably recognize him right off the bat. He has aged well (and I did correct the red eye in the picture to make him look more like himself). And the tan helps.

What gets me is that a man can still look like who he was when he was younger and be recognizable AND he still gets good roles and good projects because of who he is (Have you seen Robert Redford lately? Yikes!). And no one gets creeped out (enough so to keep him unemployed) by HIS crepe-paper neck or his receeding hairline or his pudgy face. Women, on the other hand, see their acting careers careening down the same slope with their face, boobs, and figure. George Clooney gains 50 lbs. for "Syrianna" and gets an Oscar, for Pete's sake.

Alright, enough whining. Who can tell me? WHO is THAT???

2 comments:

Andy said...

Shaun Cassidy.

My sister used to KISS the TV screen whenever he appeared on it in a commercial. Unfortunately, The Hardy Boy Mysteries were "Must See TV" on Sunday nights because of her obsession with all things 'Shaun'.

The horror, the horror.

Cynthia said...

Hats off to you, chum! I knew you'd get it. I'll have to find someone even more obscure and disfigured.

Kiss the TV, huh?

I confess I was a Parker Stevenson fan. Shaun was too pretty. And Pamela Sue Martin was a smart Nancy Drew.