Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Which theologian are you?

You Scored as Jürgen Moltmann

The problem of evil is central to your thought, and only a crucified God can show that God is not indifferent to human suffering. Christian discipleship means identifying with suffering but also anticipating the new creation of all things that God will bring about.


Jürgen Moltmann 60%
John Calvin 53%
Paul Tillich 53%
Friedrich Schleiermacher 33%
Karl Barth 33%
Martin Luther 33%
Charles Finney 20%
Augustine 20%
Anselm 20%
Jonathan Edwards 13%

Take the quiz at QuizFarm.

It's funny--I've been told this before, that my theology is similar to Moltmann's, years ago when I attended a theological colloquy on Cape Cod. And no, I didn't read any of him when I was in seminary or if I did, I've forgotten it. In fact, I made every effort to get through Systematic Theology without having to read everything assigned--there was just too much. Theologians can be quite long-winded, which you know if you've been reading this blog. So I've asked the local library to request some titles of his so I can do the reading I should have done 20 years ago in order to legitmately claim that my theology is akin to Moltmann.

P.S. Charles Finney? Any relation to Lt. Commander Ben Finney?

No comments: