Monday, October 17, 2011

Human need over corporate greed

I was hungry and you blamed it on the Communists.
I was hungry and you circled the moon.
I was hungry and you told me to wait.
I was hungry and you set up a commission.
I was hungry and you said, "so were my ancestors."
I was hungry and you said, "we don't hire over 35."
I was hungry and you said, "God helps those..."
I was hungry and you told me I shouldn't be.
I was hungry and you told me machines do that work now.
I was hungry and you had napalm bills to pay.
I was hungry and you said the poor are always with us.
Lord, when did we see you hungry?  (Matthew 25: 37)

Thank you, Sojourners.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks, Cynthia. I think I'll have to copy the Colbert image!

Cynthia said...

I don't know if he said it or not, but it's a good one and spot on.